EFL/ICEP Keynote Talk
We are delighted to announce that Francine Bennett, CEO and co-founder at Mastodon C will be giving the EFL/ICEP Keynote Talk on 30 May 2012 at 6pm as a joint seminar between the ICEP colloquium and the Imperial College Energy Future's Lab. Mastodon C specialise in providing dynamic carbon emission data for public cloud facilities which enables people to achieve environmental targets while maintaining cost and performance.
The ICEP proceedings of extended abstracts is available as a Department of Computing Technical Report.
The Imperial College Energy and Performance Colloquium is a research gathering of some of the leading international researchers in the field of energy and performance modelling.
The topics of the colloquium will range from energy measurement in large virtualised computing environments and data centres to optimisation on mobile platforms; energy profiles in hardware devices to algorithmic impact on environmental metrics. There will be practical talks as well as guides to more formal modelling practice.
One of the aims of the event is to provide a platform for PhD students and early-career researchers to get an introduction to and accelerate their understanding of this relatively new field. To this end, there will be a set of keynote tutorials presented by leading researchers in the field. Researchers/industrial participants are also encouraged to submit an extended abstract describing their interest and research and will be given an opportunity to present that in an informal environment.
With sponsorship from Imperial College/EPSRC, travel funds will be made available for PhD students/early-career researchers.
Details of the invited speakers' talks can be found in the ICEP programme.
- Danilo Ardagna, Politecnico di Milano
- Ranveer Chandra, Microsoft Research, Redmond
- Yuan Chen, HP Labs, Palo Alto
- Erol Gelenbe, Imperial College London
- Isi Mitrani, Newcastle University
- Guillaume Pierre, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Evgenia Smirni, College of William and Mary, Virginia
- Miklos Telek, Technical University of Budapest
- Adam Wierman, Caltech
- Student/early-career researcher travel award applications: 24 April (extended)
- Student/early-career researcher travel award notification: 30 April
- Abstract submission deadline: 24 April (extended)
- Extended abstract submission deadline: 30 April
- Notification of acceptance: 4 May
- Registration ends: 17 May
- Workshop: 29 May–1 June 2012
- Imperial College London: Bridging the Gaps funding
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- The Energy Futures Lab
Please contact the ICEP organisers if you have any queries about the colloquium.