Here you can download the Kenya software. For instructions on how to run it, please see the included readme file, or the user guide.
New - Kenya 4.6
Latest stable version - last updated November 16, 2009
- Kenya requires that you have Java installed.
- Ensure that you have at least JDK 1.5 installed.
- The Kenya installer is written in Java, so install Java before downloading
- Download the kenya installer appropriate for your system:
- Linux 32
- Linux 64
- MacOS X 32
bit (Cocoa)(5.6MB download)
- MacOS X 64
- Windows(5.1MB download)
- Windows 64(6.4MB download)
- Under Windows you should be able to just double-click on the jar file to launch the installer.
- Under Linux, run the command
java -jar kenya-4.6-linuxXX.jar (where XX is 32 or 64 as appropriate)
- Under Linux, some users may find that buttons are unclickable. This is a symptom of the problem described here. The solution is to export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true in a terminal before running the kenya-XXX.sh script.
- Under MacOSX, run the installer. MacOSX 10.3 (Panther) or higher is required and Java 1.5 is required (which may mean 10.4 is required).
- Mac users may wish to read the Mac Faq to work out the right version of Kenya for them.
Kenya is open source, you can download the source here: