C Programming Tools Second Lecture: 1st June 2017
My colleague Evangelos Ververas has just given the second of my 4 first year lectures on C Programming Tools, building a toolbox of useful tools, and the craft skills to use them effectively, in order to make C programming easier.
The second lecture covers the following topics:
- Debugging: debug faulty programs.
- Detecting Memory Leaks: using valgrind.
- Optimization-driven Profiling using -pg/gprof.
- Automatic Testing via make and cmake.
Here are the lecture materials, covering the lecture and associated examples (of which there are many):
- Here are the lecture slides (PDF), ie. with one slide per page.
- And here's the Second C Tools tarball, as a gzipped tar file:
- Download this into your home directory,
- Then extract the contents via:
tar xzf c-tools-lecture2.tgz
- This creates a directory called
c-tools-lecture2(Don't forget to delete the tarball later to save space!)
- Explore the
c-tools-lecture2directory, I suggest you start with the top level README.
Updated: May 2017
Back to my C Tools Lectures Pages.