Binary Numbers Quiz
- If you must use exactly 4 bits (binary digits), how many different patterns can you form? How might these patterns be used to represent numbers? Which numbers could they represent?
- What is the significance of the following numbers?
(a) 255, (b) 65535, (c) 1048575, (d) 4294967295
- Convert the following binary numbers to decimal:
(a) 0110, (b) 1011, (c) 11110000, (d) 10101010
- Convert the following binary numbers to hexadecimal:
(a) 1110, (b) 11011, (c) 110110101, (d) 1010111101110010
- Convert the following decimal numbers to binary and hexadecimal:
(a) 12, (b) 15, (c) 27, (d) 96
- Perform the following unsigned binary additions:
(a) 1 + 1, (b) 1010 + 1111, (c) 110111 + 11001
- If a program variable is to be used to store a unique number identifying any day in the year, how many bits will be required to store it? How many bits to store the year?
- Multiply 0111 by 0011 (binary)
[ Index ]
last updated: 12-Oct-02