3 Stench Ridden Days...
Yes thats right, for almost 3 damned days I couldn't find what was cuasing
this god-awful smell. All of my house mates and I were convinced that there
was a rotting mouse either under the floor boards or in the wall. Well I say
all my house mates except for James William Ascroft-Leigh, who suggested the
smell was comming from my computer. I laughed and called him a fool, claiming
that the computer surley wouldn't work with a dead mouse in it...
I am sorry James, you were right, I was so wrong.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
- Despite the fact that some of the mouse's flesh burnt onto the mobo, and the
poop around one of the capacitors the computer did and still does work.
- The mouse has now been removed both from the computer and the
- Yes, I do now realise it was a mistake to loose that ATX back plate. I
recommend nobody else does this.
- The mouse was alot harder to find than one might think, even though my
PC never has the lid on. It was very difficult to pinpoint the exact
location of the smell over those 3 days (I suspect this was due to the PSU
fan blowing directly across the mouse, making the smell appear to come from
the other side of the room).
- Some people have requested a link to some more information about the amazingly insightful
James W. Ascroft-Leigh. So here's a website he's been working on lately.
- Other people have asked where they might some more information on the poor fool
himself. So here's my homepage.