I engage in a combination of blue-sky and application-driven research in
Modeling, and Formal Verification. My current research activities focus on
- Status Today: Artificial Intelligence that Understands Human Behavior, Product & Research Advisor since 2015
- Harnessing Economic Value for Security, Privacy, and Trust in the Internet of Things, coI of EPSRC PETRAS IoT Research Hub, (Imperial College London press release)
- Confidence Building for Arms Control Treaties and their Enforcement Regimes, PI
- Machine Learning, Robust Optimisation, and Verification: Creating Synergistic Capabilities in Cybersecurity Research, PI of EPSRC/Signapore project, (Imperial College London press release)
- New Methods for Non-Linear Mixed Integer Optimization with Applications in Cybersecurity
- Block-Chain Technology for Trust Infrastructures
- Delegate of USITO on a visit with USITO, ITI, CAICT and CACR in Beijing, China, 12-13 December 2016, talk on Governed Blockchains: Trading off Cost, Security, Availability, and Resiliency
- Position Statement at workshop Exploring the Dimensions of Trustworthiness: Challenges and Opportunities, 29-30 August 2016, US NIST Gaithersburgh campus, Maryland
- PC Member at SafeConfig 2016 Testing and Evaluation for Active & Resilient Cyber Systems, 26 October 2016, Vienna, Austria
- Position Statement and Panel at TDL One-day Conference - Multiple Views on Blockchain: Technology, Use Cases, Economics, and Policies, 17 June, The Hague, The Netherlands
- Speaker at Industrial Internet of Things Corporate Members event on 5 May 2016 at Chatham House, London, UK
- PC Member of ESORICS 2016, the 21th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, 26-30 September, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
- Keynote at Block-Chain Event of the European Finance Forum, 13 June 2016, Frankfurt, Germany
- Co-Organizer of Workshop on Empirical Research Methods in Information Security at the 25th International World Wide Web Conference. 11-13 April 2016, Montreal, Quebec.
- PC Member of 9th International Conference on Trust & Trustworthy Computing, 29-30 August 2016, Vienna, Austria.
- PC Member of 14th International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security (ANCS 2016). 19-22 June 2016, London (Guildford), UK.
- Journal of Cybersecurity, Advisory Board Member from March 2015 to the present
Here are some of my papers on cybersecurity. With Jim Kuo and Nir Piterman I wrote papers on parity games: on the
Rabin index and Fatal Attractors (extended open-access version here) of parity games, and Alternating Reachability under Parity (tech report version).
I gratefully acknowledge funding from Intel® Corporation for a research project on Trust Evidence (Paper on Foundations and Tool and Tool Information such as Installation, User Guide, etc.), and for the development of an Undergraduate teaching module on the design and validation of security protocols (TRUST 2013 poster).