C-Tools Second Lecture: 5th June 2014
I'm about to give the second lecture of my 4 first year lectures on C Tools, building a toolbox of useful tools, and the craft skills to use them effectively, in order to make C programming easier.
The second lecture covers the following topics:
- Debugging programs that crash.
- Fixing memory leaks.
- Profiling-led Optimization.
- Automatic Testing.
- Test Driven Development.
Here are the lecture materials (slides and associated examples - of which there are many):
- Here are the full size lecture notes (PDF), ie. with one slide per page.
- Here are the 4-up lecture notes (PDF), ie. with 4 slides per page.
- And here's the C Tools tarball, as a gzipped tar file:
- Download this into your home directory,
- Then extract the contents via:
tar xzf c-tools-lecture2.tgz
- This creates a directory called
- Explore the
c-tools-lecture2directory, I suggest you start with the top level README and Makefile.
Updated: May 2014
Back to the First C Tools Lecture Page. Back to my C Tools Lectures Pages.