Media and Project Lab
The Media and Project Lab is room 210 on level 2 of the Huxley Building.
Equipment in the Media Lab
There are 8 brand new project PCs, to be allocated to individual or group project students (Undergrads or MScs) - please contact email@example.com if you think you need a project PC, explaining thoroughly why you need one and ensuring that your project supervisor agrees, bearing in mind that Academic Committee stipulated that 95% of all projects should be done on standard lab machines without requiring exclusive or privileged access.
In addition, there are a further 8 "media" PCs, intended to have games consoles, MIDI keyboards etc attached to them, and 7 "cider" Apple Macs intended for Mac-based projects involving iPads or iPhones.
There are then various games consoles to plug into the "medias" and the "ciders":
* 3 Microsoft Xbox360 consoles
* 2 Sony Playstations (but 1 development tool!)
* 2 Apple iPads
When you come to borrow a device you will be responsible for it and you will be asked to sign an internal CSG record book.
The Xbox360 SDK is called XNA Game Studio. You will need to register for a (free) Student App Hub Membership. Please follow the steps below:
- create hotmail account to get a Windows Live ID:
- http://create.msdn.com/en-US/ - click "Sign In" - click "Sign Up" - tick "No, sign me up for a free MSN Hotmail e-mail address" - firstname.lastname@example.org (I chose email@example.com) choose a password (different from the College one!)
- App Hub Sign-in (for a Student Membership):
- http://create.msdn.com/en-US/ - click "Sign In" firstname.lastname@example.org (Please use your choice) <-- WindowsLiveID your_password - as a student (DreamSpark and Shibolet are a couple of keywords you will read) - DoC_CSG (Please use your choice) <- publisher SkinlessCircle9 (This will be automatically assigned) <- gametag
- Activate the account below:
- http://create.msdn.com/en-US/ email@example.com (Please use your choice) your_password - student - check all the data - click Finish This way you will get an email with a link to confirm your student app hub membership in the Inbox of https://login.live.com - firstname.lastname@example.org (Please use your choice) your_password
My First game
You might want to have a look at FirstGame
The Apple website Apple website says: "iOS SDK 4 includes a complete set of development tools for creating apps for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, including the Xcode IDE, iOS Simulator, Instruments, Interface Builder, and more".
Please send email@example.com an email if you want to get registered with the iOS Developer University Program.