I am actively looking for motivated and capable Ph.D. students and post-docs interested in security, privacy, program analysis, and compilers to work with me on a wide range of exciting topics in systems security or programming languages.
See the offial advertisment here
Please send me an email
if you think you may be interested. Please use "Ph.D. application" or "Post-doc application" as your email subject line to be considered. Please highlight your existing research experience, including papers published, if any, and also why you'd like to work with me. I try to respond to all email, but cannot always promise it.
I am teaching CO445H, Advanced Security
, starting in October. If you are interested in advanced security topics, please consider joining this course.
Recent position papers and technical reports
- I am on the PC of IEEE S&P, WWW, PLDI, and ICSE in 2018.
- Our paper on Just-in-time static analysis won the distinguished paper award.
- Our paper on cloud-based highly scalable static analysis will be appearing at FSE in September.
- Our paper on Differentially-private local search is now available. It will be appearing at Usenix Security in August.
- Our paper on Just-in-time static analysis will appear at ISSTA.
- There are two new technical reports: a new report on reactive security and on Node.JS analysis.
- There are two new technical reports: a new report on just-in-time analysis and an updated TR on Prepose.
- Our paper on detecting Exploit Kits (EKs) will be appearing at DSN 2016.
- Our paper on a gesture-based programming will be appearing at Oakland S&P 2016.
- Please read about some recent work on scaling up analysis in the cloud in our TR.
- Please read about some recent work on just-in-time static analysis in a our TR.
- Our paper on a 3D browser called SurroundWeb will appear in Oakland'15.
- Our work on detecting exploit kits is available as a TR.
- Our paper on preventing stateless tracking privacy will appear in WWW'15.
- Our paper on soundiness is coming out in the February issue of CACM.
- Our work on mobile privacy and personalization called MoRePriv was presented at ACSAC.
- Our technical reports on AR projects (SurroundWeb, PrePose) and optimizations in InterPoll are out.
- Our papers on program boosting and Bek data-parallel compilation will be appearing in POPL'15.
- Our paper on creating makefiles automatically will be appearing at OOPSLA '14.
- Our paper on power analysis for InterPoll will be appearing at HCOMP '14.
- Our Z0 zero-knowledge compiler paper will appear at Usenix Security, 2014
- If you are interested in our crowd-sourced polling work, our technical report on power analysis in InterPoll is out.
- You can play with Fast, a tree-manipulation language here or read our upcoming PLDI paper.
SurroundWeb gets coverage from Gizmodo and
- We have some new work on
race detection, and
zero knowledge for your reading pleasure.
- Our paper on Fast, a tree-manipulation language, will be appearing at PLDI'14.